Self-catering in Pula, Croatia

Slim

Hi All,

Does anyone have any recommendations on S/C accom. in or near Pula? What is Pula like? would I be better to drive away from Pula to somewhere nicer? Never been to Croatia.

Slim - ps. I did check the posts

Hey Slim,
Not sure where Pula is but I was in Croatia in Dubrovnik for a week with a friend of mine and had a brilliant time. Weather,food, sights, nightlife, restaurants, people 10/10...

Visited Pula on a day trip. A very nice town, narrow streets, small cafes etc. Unfortunately the travel agent that brought us on a day trip there chose the day when all the shops were closed, so it lacked atmosphere a bit. We were actually based in Portoroz in Slovenia. Rovinji in Croatia is beautiful, just up the coast from Pula. Very busy with tourists, lots of restaurants etc. We drank the most expensive Coca Cola here than anywhere esle in the world. They saw us coming! One of the new Ryanair destinations (Pula).

slim, Pula is very nice, expensive but nice, you can pick up an apartment as you drive along (lots to rent as Istria has been really badly hit by lack of tourists this year). You'd be as well advised to wander down towards Novi Vinodolski, really nice hotels, cheap and the further south you go the better the weather is!