Self catering in Italy

Barty

Hi

Can anyone recommend a self catering apartment in italy, areas we are keen on going to would be costal areas of Tuscany/Liguria, or around the lakes.

It would be for 2 adults and a baby for a week in may.

TIA.

Cant recommend an apartment but we stayed in a campsite in Tuscany when the children were small. Check outnthe Eurocamp and Keycamp sites.

Thanks for your replys I probably should have highlighted "RECOMMEND".

I have searched the web extensively already, but was hoping maybe for some personal recommendations.

We stayed in a small village on lake Como last September in a lovely big apartment. It would not be for a family with small kids really, but for a couple it would be ideal the name is Casa Galbiga in Ossuccio. It is between Como town & Bellagio. I could give you more details if you want them.

2 adults and a small baby so maybe the place where you were might suit.
Can you give some more info please.

Thanks.

No problem, this is a website for info pictures etc. on the place [broken link removed]
but you could always contact the owner direct - Mino Cazzaniga - on 00393292142280. We found him very helpful - very Italian! I don't have any connection with him, we just booked our flights & then the apartment. The only thing I would say is that the house/apartments are lovely, but as will most places on that lake road are above the road, but noise wasn't really a problem as the bedrooms are at the rear of the house. Have a look & see what you think.

I think that you should not have to pay, as in the above case, a final cleaning fee of €75 or bed and bathroom linen at €10 per person per week. Why? Sniffs of Ryanairisim.
On the Holiday-Rentals website you can read reviews from people who have rented apartments. I have always found these helpful.

Thanks for the replies

TLC Can you tell me what airport you flew into and with who.

Thanks.

We flew from Dublin into Milan Malpensa & returned from Milan Linate with Aer Lingus. The reason for the different airlines was the times of the flights as far as I can remember. We really enjoyed lake Como - from the apartments - especially the top one there are beautiful views of the lake. The only problem would be if you don't have a car as you then rely on ferries & the small ferry stop just up the road from the apartment doesn't have as good a timetable as some others. The driving is a bit "hairy" around the lake - but non-the-less quite doable if you don't mind the Italian driving. Did you have a look at the apartment - what did you think? I enjoyed just travelling on the lake looking at the beautiful villas - George Clooney, Versace etc. How the other half live!