Self-catering - Burial ground opposite?

Thinfield

A close relative is considering renting out a newly-build property for self-catering purposes for part of the year. A new burial ground has been established by the county council almost directly opposite. The house itself is on an elevated site with excellent views in a popular tourist location. I have tried to reassure them that the burial ground will not detract from the attractiveness of the property to holiday-makers but they are still concerned? What are peoples views on this?

It wouldnt bother me in the slightest, but there are people it would bother. I think its down to an individual whether or not superstition, religion or other ideas would cause them to be put off.

we share two boundary walls with a graveyard (rural) and it doesn't bother me in the slightest.

We've exhausted all the jokes by now:

the neighbours are dead quiet.
we'd wake the dead.

etc etc

I'd have a go at renting it out and see if it is an issue. I really think it wouldn't bother most people.

Thanks. I think the concern stems from some of the "piseogs" that have traditionally accompanied graveyards etc. I agree that most people are a bit more enlightened nowadays. Arguably better than having another property opposite?

we share two boundary walls with a graveyard (rural) and it doesn't bother me in the slightest.

We've exhausted all the jokes by now:

the neighbours are dead quiet.
we'd wake the dead.

etc etc

Bet the jokes can get tiresome alright, although I did hear that people were dying to be your neighbour :eek:

living near a graveyard wouldn't bother me in the slighest.

Back