Self Build -Timberframe- Spreadsheet or Estimates

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Swordfish

Hi,
I am planning to build a timber frame house of just under 5,000 square feet. The timber company estimate that they are approximately one third of the overall price. Their standard quote is as follows:

The above price, which is in euros includes the supply and erecting of:

The house and roof structure to include:
1) 140mm External wall panels with breather membrane fitted.
2) All internal wall panels are 90mm @ 400mm centres. Standard wall panels 2.4m high. Optional extra available for 2.7m high.
3) First floor panels - floor decking is plywood or OSB finish (for two-storey and dormer homes)
4) Roof trusses or roof panels
Also supplied but not fitted;

1) Internal doors. Our standard doors are colonist rebated doors which arrive on site pre-hung in their frames. Optional extra available for upgrades to knotty pine and clear pine.
2) Skirting (25mm x 125mm) and architrave (25mm x 75mm) - torus moulded supplied in pre-miter sets.
3) Stairs (where applicable) - as standard, whitewood strings are used with redwood turned balustrading, newel posts and moulded handrail. Threads and risers are ply. Optional extra available for redwood threads and risers.
4) All plasterboard.
5) Roofing felt & battens.
6) Hot-press shelving & water tank support stands.

Items not included:

Any materials for the foundation of the house
External cladding i.e. brick, block, stone etc.
Roof tiles/slates
Glazed roof panels or conservatories
Electrical or plumbing requirements
Dry lining materials or any decorative finishes.
Kitchens, sanitary ware, garage doors etc.
Finished timber floors
External Joinery
Rainwater goods
Insulation

Would anybody have a spreadsheet or estimate on what my remaining costs would be?
My main interest is in the foundation, roofing and external cladding and insulation and whatever else you think relevant.

Thanking you in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.