Self build - Stone, 804, aggregate costs

Birroc

Anyone got a rough idea on how much the stone for a foundation costs ?
I am hearing all kinds of different ways to describe the stone I need so i dont fully understand - quarry run, 804, upfill, aggregate, clean limestone etc

Roadstone should give you a rate for this - usually quoted € / m3, so work out your quantities.

Birroc,

You will probably need 804 which is a 2" sixe stone with dust in it at €10-12/tonne

4to6" stone for filling €8.50/tonne

2to4" stone same as above

Limestone fines @ €12.50 a tonne i just sent you an invitation for the blog you will find all you need to know on the googlepages link on the budget tracker sheet

Use 4 to 6 " for the bulk of your hardcore. Top up with 2 to 4 " as it will be easier to work with and level off. Compact well along the way. Then using blinding on top layer for a smooth compacted finish. Take care not to have a protruding rocks from coming through the blinding which may puncture your radon barrier.

804 will cost you too much, and isn't suitable for large depths giving it's size

sorry, just read your post again..........are you talking about a roadway into and around your site??

For the whole site?? Don't go crazy and stone areas which will not need it int he future. For your roadway in place 4" to to 6" stone (~300mm) and top of with ~100/150mm cl 804. Give yourself decent access around the perimeter of your house, if you can allow for 4 to 5m so that plant can drive around do so. I'd do the same stone setup as above, as if you've just 4 to 6" stone without finer material on top, it'll be a trip hazzard for walking around on, plus it's always handy to beable to bring your own car around the site without rattling it to pieces!!

Anyone got a rough idea on how much the stone for a foundation costs ?
I am hearing all kinds of different ways to describe the stone I need so i dont fully understand - quarry run, 804, upfill, aggregate, clean limestone etc

Sorry, I am having problems putting a spead sheet on the post so here is the summary of the prices:-

1. 804 - 28.84 p/m3
  2. 4" - 25.14 p/m3
  3. 2" - 25.14 p/m3
  4. Sand - 32.54 p/m3
Hope that helps,

Joejoe