Self Build - Siteworks quote

Birroc

Got first price/quote for siteworks to 2000 sq foot house + garage.

The site is fairly level and straightforward at a glance.

Digging out + Stone + Utilities + trench to septic tank = 11,000 (incl materials)
Percolation construction = 3,000
Raft = 13000 (includes concrete 5,000)

total = €27k (including VAT)

how does that compare ?

3700 sq ft house + garage

1. 15 concrete pipes placed into drain along road frontage
2. Stone filled in on top of the pipes
3. 15 metres of hedging removed to open site
3. Site cleared
4. Stone for roadways placed
5. Foundations for house (5ft strip , don't ask) and garage (3ft strip) dug
6. A393 mesh placed
7 Foundations poured and leveled.

Labour 2500 euro (1 man by himself for 2 days, 1 fellow with him for the pour on day 3)

Materials:
Concrete piping: Approx €1200
Stone (3 inch down): Approx €1500
A393 Mesh: Approx €1000
Concrete: €5600 (5 ft strips take ALOT of concrete)

This is all I've done so far.

I thought i was going very bad with my budget 4037sqft plus garage. Huge amount of site works cut and dispose into side of a hill over 1000thousand tonne of soil shifted off site and over 1200 tonne of stone brought on, block on flat walls to subfloor level radon and all drainage 100mm kingspan up to floor level including floors €34k

Thats a hell of a house JollyMan !
And a great price too.

Thats a hell of a house JollyMan !
And a great price too.

Well there has been a lot more work on the site than i had anticipated and meeting rock did not help, keep an eye on the blog i should be updating the budget v actual by the end of the week will give you a good breakdown!

Progress pics being posted as we speak! It is very big bigger than i thought even.

Hi Jolly man,
I sent another thread with queries on routing waste pipes. How did you do yours.
Also did you decide on Windows. I ended up going with Rationel. Ordered 3 weeks ago, should be delivered at start of March.

On the foundations etc I would think Price not bad for amout of work done on site. I paid 40K for
1. Demolition of 1300 sq feet bunlglow.
2. Removal of bunglow.
3. Level site.
4. Put in foundations for 4100 sq foot house. (a lot of blocks on flat).
5. Rising walls (1 metre in places).
6. Sewage pipes (6 off) and 2 radon pipes,
7. 150 mm concrete sub floor and required fill.
8. Erection of 5 Rsj's to support hollow core. (Rsj's purchased by me. not in price.).
9. Garage 600 sq foot foundation. This included radon for this, Approx 2 metres rising walls and fill up to new Gnd level. Pour floor and power float.
10 Build front wall to site approx 150 feet long and 1 metre high, including foundation and steel and concrete.
11. I thought this was an ok price.

Hayabusa,

Sounds like a very good price and another huge house!!!

Regarding the pipe i only allowed for waste from the two toilets down stairs one from the utility and one from the centre of the kitchen, we have an island in the middle with kitchen sink and dishwasher. Put in 4" pvc pipes to each room which will allow me incorporate the services i need.

9. Garage 600 sq foot foundation. This included radon for this, Approx 2 metres rising walls and fill up to new Gnd level. Pour floor and power float.

Thanks for the info. One question, what does power float mean ?

Its like a bg motorised float with a diesel engine it finishes the surface of the concrete to a smooth finish! Was at it last night until 9 o clock, photos in the blog have been updated!

Its like a bg motorised float with a diesel engine it finishes the surface of the concrete to a smooth finish! Was at it last night until 9 o clock, photos in the blog have been updated!

Gotcha thanks. This is so you dont need to put down screed in your garage.

Garage and house if you are using finished floors there! We used the powerfloat just to give us a good surface for the timber floors at a later date!