Self Build in Cork - can you recommend a project Manager

triple_x

Hi

Im going the direct labour route and I have picked out some contractors to do various parts of the build...I realise I wont have the time to keep track of the build or to keep some schedule, chasing contractors and looking for electricians and plumbers afterwards.....

I essentially need a project manager to start from ground zero to completion of the build?? As I said I have indentified most contractors to get the building of the shell , underfloor heating done but I need someone also to look for finishing off the inside of house....

Can you recommend a project manager you have worked with and why? What was your experiences gained from your build!

Slyne Karl Quantity Surveying, Carrigaline do project management 4834656. No affiliation by the way.

Rang Karl, Not interested anymore! Says it is an Engineer Im after! Funny how my own architect/engineer is not interested....

Hi

there is a company called Landmark based in the Carrigaline business pk that come recommended, they do the whole lot for you, have a project mgr, engineer and qty surveyor, and look after all the trades. Hand you the keys type of job...

We met with them and they seemed very professional.

guys name is Michael (project mgr) 086 3813668

(no affiliation, relation etc)

Ok, re-read the OP...we have a really good engineer Pat O'Halloran 086 8033613 - just started our build but find him very professional and guess what - he returns calls - unlike a lot of folk in the industry....no offence meant but what's the crack with tradesmen not having voicemail switched on....

Michael the Landmark guy might take on the job for you too though - might be worth a call.

Rgds

Hi
I found myself in the same position 18 months ago as I wanted to go the direct labour route but didn't have the time to spend overseeing the project.
I hired a project manager(Michael Murtagh - 087 1230708 I can't remember the company name!) He looked after everything from start to finish. Great advice and he saved me money too! Best thing I ever did. He's worth a call.

Hi Shepherd

Do you mind me asking how much approx you paid for the project managers' services?

Thanks

I too would be interested in seeing in what these guys are charging - as a % of build cost will do
- did they prepare a bill of quantities for you, give you a total figure for sum on build?
- did they arrange all trades, give you price breakdown of each one, then let you decide which one to go for?
- if it was direct labour jobs, who did all the Donkey work - cleaning up after each tradesman etc etc