self build costs

E

eoghan

hi,
i'm planning on building a 2500sq. ft dormer house in Co. Offaly. im strongly thinking of subbing the work out. could anyone tell me the average cost of foundation, blockwork etc....... also could anyone recommend good tradesmen??

Many thanks,
Eoghan

try atfar construction ltd - built my house - john farrell is the director/ civil engineer. I know its only for the certain trades but he might give good advice/ direction on where to go/ the overall?
best of luck

In the country side average rate for dig out would be 1500 min on a reasonable level site,foundation will cost 62 plus vat per metre for cement and most houses of your size would take 40 mts approx Plus steel, and blocks are 430 per 1000 and you will need approx 1500 on level ground, and you should get them laid at 1.20 per block plus tax

Thanks for your reply. would you have a contact number/ web address for atfar construction ltd? where are they based?

thanks,would you know any good builders in the offaly area.

eoghan

did not realise you were in offally so i rang the number and told them you might want some civil engineer conversation - [just in case he said he cant help and so this advice would have been entirely useless!]

You might let me know how you get on all the same

enjoy your w/e

oirish