self-build cost per sq. ft.

techman

I am looking for a guide on the sq. ft. cost of building your own house by direct labour. Area is Co. Galway.

Let's say a two-storey, hollowcore flooring, slate tiles and built to a builder's finish. Circa 2,500 sq. ft.

Would €80 per sq. ft. cover the cost?

No kitchen, fireplace etc. included.

Nearly completed my own project so I would advise closer to the €90 per square foot for your budget and you shouldn't have too many surprises - thats more or less what it has cost me ( incl. hollowcore, underfloor heating, gas condensing boiler, natural slates, good quality timber windows, + floor covering = tile & timber / kitchen cost excluded)

LAKEVIEW,

Did you use a concrete screed over the Hollowcore ?
If so - How much extra did it cost you ?

Thanks.
Wolverine.

Yes - Engineer in my case insisted on this screed over the hollowcore.
Extra Costs € 1588
€ 389 14 sheets of 6mm steel mesh to reinforce screed
€ 500 Concrete pump hire
€ 699 11 metres of concrete
€ 0 Labour - laid screed myself with help from friends with experience

The concrete pump, how did that work exactly, will be doing the screeding on both upstairs and downstairs for the UFH so there would be a lot of carrying involved!

On our own build in Mayo for a 2100 sq ft Timber frame we are now looking at 78 euro per sq ft but that is with a good bit of work done by myself

Not being smart Yop but whats the question - Is it how does a concrete pump work?
If so = concrete wagon backs up beside a separate wagon which is the pump, concrete is poured into pump hopper and sucked up a pipe which then spews out where you want it from a pipe you can move around to pour where needed.

Back