SEI application for grant request

clonboy

i have decided to lok at installing solar panels in the new build, i have looked at the sei website and it seems i need to apply for the grant now before i install it, But if the application is not completed properly they will send it back

seems to be a lot of question in it i dont believe that i could answer, who will install it, how much will it cost, my point is at this stage i am not anywhere near knowing the cost of the panels, cost of installation or eben if my plumber (brother) could install it?

has anyone else applied or have any insight?

You need to get a quote from a registered SEI installer.

The grant application procedure is a bit complicated and something you will need to be advised on.

Is your brother an Accredited Installer with an SEI no.? If he is then you will have no problems.

I think whichever quote you go with must be the eventual installer... in other words if you use Installer ID xxx on the application , he must be the one to sign off the final commissioning report.. otherwise you need to reapply all over again.

Last edited:
thanks for that

next q is does anyone know anyone i could use in limerick/clare for solar panle installation

SEI has a list of suppliers on its website ([broken link removed]). I haven't checked if there's any in your area but some of the companies I looked at deliver and install nationwide.

Sprite

Hi,

You need to have got the acceptance from SEI before you purcahse the solar panels or have them installed. Some suppliers of the equipment have "pre-filled" application forms available.
Also, you need to ensure that you select products and installers that are approved under Phase II of the Greener Homes scheme.

Gtec