Seeking work in UK: Proof required that I do not have a criminal record?

V

Veritas

While seeking work in the UK recently there is proof required that I do not have a criminal record. I've lived in Ireland all my life until a couple of months ago when I moved to England.

I asked the Gardai Vetting Unit if they could provide me with some official documentation to prove I have no criminal record, so I could present this to the CRB in the UK.

All the Gardai could offer was a release of any records held based on Section 4 of the Data Proctection Act, they also stated that this information could not be construed as Garda Vetting, Police Certificate, Garda Reference or Security Clearance.

Does anyone know what other options I have that I might successfully obtain an official Garda criminal clearance certificate for the purpose of securing work in the UK.

Re: Criminal Records Check

There are no other options. Take what you are given. Garda vetting is only given to groups that have entered into agreement with them.

It may be silly but thats the way it is. The UK group wont know the difference they are only covering themselves unless you have a dodgy past.

Thanks or your reply. I've applied for info based on the Section 4 of the Data Proctection Act.

You can apply in a Garda station for a criminal record check. It's issued by the superintendant and takes about two weeks. You may need to get an apostille stamp from the Department of Foreign Affairs to prove it is an authentic document.

You could get a certificate of good character from the gards. We have had to get these for our children's adoption dossiers.
There is a form to fill out and you submit a copy of your passport, it usually on;y takes a couples of days to do