Seeking Limerick Leader newspaper...

whiskey1

Hello, I am looking for the Limerick Leader from around mid 2003 to early 2004. I dont want to buy just need to do some research for this time period. If anyone that collects or knows where I can get access to the papers I would really appreciate it.

Did you check the library in Limerick City Library? I know my local library (a different county) have the local paper. Alternatively the Limerick Leader itself would have paper archives that you could request access to? If you are getting the newspaper to do research then have you not researched how to get it??

Apologies I should have mentioned where I had already looked for the paper. I have checked out the Granary library in Limerick city and also the Limerick Leader office. They have some but not all of the dates I am seeking. I thought my only chance now would be to find someone that collects the paper.

Trinity College should have them - under the copyright laws they receive & keep a lot of stuff other libraries don't bother taking.

Try the UL and Mary Immaculate College libraries, too — they have research-active History departments and may well have complete holdings, at least on microfilm.

Apologies I should have mentioned where I had already looked for the paper. I have checked out the Granary library in Limerick city and also the Limerick Leader office. They have some but not all of the dates I am seeking. I thought my only chance now would be to find someone that collects the paper.
Good luck with the search I hope you can find it in a library somewhere. I don't know that someone would be collecting all the papers but if it was a paper about a particular issue of local interest then maybe someone has it, even someone who was mentioned in it. Also it just occured to me did you check the local historical society (if there is one)?

Back