Seeking a home based web business.

Far Corfe

I find myself more confined to home with a deteriorating back problem and a home based business on the web might be ideal.

I would not be interested in multi level marketing or the like or heavy duty post and packaging.

Does anybody know where decent internet businesses are advertised for sale.

I have years of experience in many areas and am very flexible (cept for my back) and have good funds.

Sitting hunched over a keyboard for hours on end doesn't sound like a great recipe for a dodgy back?

What about eBay? I read something recently about someone in Ireland who made a living buying camping gear in bulk from China and selling it individually on eBay. Maybe you could find a less bulky version.

Could you work with products that are realted to your back condition? Maybe source diverse remedy solutions and sell them together on line to others with the same problem. A good blog could be a powerful marketing tool for something like that.

Well I can think of one obvious business that makes lots of money on the internet but with a bad back it might not be for you! :D

Far Corfe,
are you looking for an existing business or are you prepared to work on a start-up? Which areas do you have experience of?
Do you know approximately what monthly income you will need to earn to make it worthwhile to you?

There are plenty of opportunites out there but a lot of them may take a while to earn more than pocket money.

Thanks Guys & Gals for the suggestions. Ebay looks the best start point. I have a large book collection that I could start trading, dip my toe in the water so to speak.

I was just reading this article in Wired Magazine, it about companies offering money to people online who can solve their business problems. There are loads of areas and if one of them matches you skills it could be a good way of making money. It is called Crowdsourcing (cheesey name) but it is essentially asking the online world to solve various problems and paying whoever can figure it out. Money is quite big, like $10,000 prizes.

Article here: http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/14.06/crowds.html

whizzbang said:
it is essentially asking the online world to solve various problems and paying whoever can figure it out. Money is quite big, like $10,000 prizes.

But we all do that here for each other for free! :D

whizzbang said:
I was just reading this article in Wired Magazine, it about companies offering money to people online who can solve their business problems. There are loads of areas and if one of them matches you skills it could be a good way of making money. It is called Crowdsourcing (cheesey name) but it is essentially asking the online world to solve various problems and paying whoever can figure it out. Money is quite big, like $10,000 prizes.

Article here: http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/14.06/crowds.html
Fantastic idea but I'm sure has its limits. Not like you would take all sorts of legal advice from people who might be pranksters. Or tips on the stock market. Cant see people freely handing over their books to get balanced. But I still really like the idea. Just wish I had some skills.

What areas do you have experience in? Are you looking to invest in a business or are you willing to work on a commission basis?

rkeane said:
Fantastic idea but I'm sure has its limits. Not like you would take all sorts of legal advice from people who might be pranksters. Or tips on the stock market. Cant see people freely handing over their books to get balanced. But I still really like the idea. Just wish I had some skills.

true, but the the problems are usually to do with physical or chemical processes, it "How do we put a layer of flouride powder on the inside of a tube of toothpaste without it blowing out when we fill the thing with paste. They are problems with practical demonstrable solutions that the businesses can test out before putting into production. Apparently it is a lot cheaper than having a huge R&D department.

Consider a business that ships direct from supplier also. i live in New York and buy stuff from Ebay and other online sources and I know the sellers don't keep all they inventory in stock but ship direct from their suppliers. Good luck.

One very successfull one is called 4life: http://www.4life.com/ - based on a product you may be interested in yourself. http://www.abc4life.com is the hopepage of someone I know quite well. She is in Australia, I don't think there wuld be much of it here, so great opportunity. Possibility of creating a decent redidual income. have a look

Oh oh! [broken link removed] alert! :( Note their claim that the scheme can proceed to "infinite" levels! :rolleyes: Also, see [broken link removed] (I don't know what "LP" means but does it really matter...):
To qualify [for 4Life Power Pool] simply enroll three or more distributors each month who generate 100 LP

Rapid Rewards pays you a straight 25% of the first LP order placed by every new Distributor you personally enroll
Also - do their products have FDA or other regulatory body approval? If not then at best they may be snake oil and at worst they could be dangerous!

Back