Section 481 Investments

BobMax

I saw some reference to TV and Film investments under "Section 481 of the Taxes Consolidation Act 1997"
Could somebody explain this investment please??
BobMax

If you are interested in this I suggest you look at [broken link removed] and contact the people there. Note that the next offer is actually in the next week or so as far as I know. As for explaining it - you are better off searching for details as a previous post suggests, or getting the details from the aforementioned site.

I've invested in In America and Lassie through Anglo.

Basically, you invest about 30k (which you can borrow). You get a return of about 6k less than that but tax relief of 8k.

The risks of losing money overall come from if the film completely collapses (as the Marlon Brando one in Cork did years ago) or you don't have enough higher rate income for the year to get the full tax relief.

Hi

Anglo Irish Bank & AIB are considered two of the leading bank's in this field, from what I've heard - apparently, both bank's raise funds from personal investors etc so should be able to give you a FAQ etc if you contact them :)

I have recently received application forms which point out that I need sufficient taxable income at 41% to make this type of investment worthwhile.

Does anyone know if this is affected by my pension contributions, assuming I have claimed max tax credits for pension contributions is this reducing the amount of taxable income that can be used against section 481 investments? Im guessing it is but am not certain.

Your pension contributions will reduce your taxable income, so in assessing whether it is worth your while to make a section 481 investment, you need to look at your income after your pension contributions.

Back