Secret Bars (not pubs, hahaha)

Lyndan

Myself and my friend got into a discussion about chocolate last night! Does anyone remember 'Secret' bars. They were chocolate covered, with swirls of choc and inside was a kinda light fluffy chocolate center, they came packaged with a bit of cardboard holding it together as it was so delicate...where did it go!!

Also anyone seen any Frys Orange Creme around lately?

Re: Secret Bars

I loved Secret bars. i was totally addicted to them so maybe it was better that they were taken off the market.

With the heading here, I was hoping to be told about pubs that no one knew about...... :(

I wonder if many sheebeens still exist? I suppose there are legal pubs too that are a bit of a local secret- like there used to be one outside Thurles on the Newport road..anyone know the one I mean?

Thankfully I'm not the only one who, on seeing the title, thought this was a Good Friday watering-hole thread!

MugsGame said:
Thankfully I'm not the only one who, on seeing the title, thought this was a Good Friday watering-hole thread!

God forbid that we would ever see anything this useful in Shooting The Breeze.

2+2 bars
hot peanuts in Woolies,
pints of celebration and phoenix
14'' b +w tellie's that worked now and again ( and only a few channels)

all gone

now

bigger and better choice of choccies
cashew and pistachio nuts
guinness that looks and tastes like guinness at home
42' plasmas with cinema sound
too many channels

miss some things. definitely not others

Signal Bars, Macaroon Bars, Soda Syphons, Gur Cakes or maybe just browse [broken link removed]

anyone remember how much it cost to develop a roll of colour film in the early 70's.? about £3 if I recall correctly. extraordinary the value in this particular product today.

Back