second phone line at home

eddie10

I'm an existing BT home customer, but am looking to get a second number (line) in the house. Previously there was an eircom isdn line where this new line will go. Will i need a new installation here, or can they just send a new number through the old isdn number.
Also, is there any good offers available as we dont have to stay with BT. We are happy with our existing package but we can have 2 different companys offering two different phone lines cant we as BT's offers aren't particular attractive..

I'm an existing BT home customer, but am looking to get a second number (line) in the house. Previously there was an eircom isdn line where this new line will go. Will i need a new installation here, or can they just send a new number through the old isdn number.
You will need to get whatever provider you choose for the second line to connect this line up as either a POTS (normal voice line) or an ISDN line. It won't work straight off without something being done.
Also, is there any good offers available as we dont have to stay with BT. We are happy with our existing package but we can have 2 different companys offering two different phone lines cant we as BT's offers aren't particular attractive..
Not sure if it deals with this sort of specific situation but have you checked www.callcosts.ie?

If the ISDN line is still active....it will have 2 lines and you will need to get it downgraded to a single analog line.

I presumed that the erstwhile ISDN line was inactive. Otherwise you should be getting a bill from eircom for line rental on it.

Back