Second Hand Steel Shed

apple

Hi guys

Any one now were I can get a second hand steel garage shed looking for about 20 x 20 in size give or take.

Thanks for your help

You mean like a Yardmaster one? I'm not sure that once assembled these can easily be moved or disassembled/reassembled. You might be better off buying one of these new.

do the yardmaster so they might be reasonable enough. 20 x 20 is very big.

This previous thread on shipping containers might give some advice. There's what looks to be some type of scrap yard opposite the Red Cow pub on Naas Rd. which appears to stockpile some of these used shipping containers. Some of them are in a bad way but others don't look too bad. Perhaps it might be worth investigating.

20x20 will require planning permission. The maximum size without planning is 25sq meters. (about 15x18'). There are also other restrictions. If it is on a farm I seem to remember something about feed sheds being larger without permission, but have a look at your local county council website for specifics on the relevant planning laws.

Also, yardmaster sheds go to a maximum of about 9' x 16', as sold by Argos. They are great once assembled, but I'd hate to try and dis-assemble and re-assemble one.

I'd say you are going to have trouble locating a second hand one, but there are a few metal shed manufacturers in Ireland, either google or golden pages will give them to you.

Back