Second hand Nissan Primera

Mopsy

Thinking of trading up! I have a Toyota Corrolla (01) and am thinking of purchasing 06 or 07 Primera. Not a bit knowledgable in the area of cars with all their letters, etc. My boss has suggested an Audi A3 2005 or a 2006 Saab!!! It will all be down to the money.

Need opinions!

not a fan of the nissan in general, think you would be dissappointed after leaving a toyota to go to a nissan,, they are quite '''tinny'

saab,, starnge choice,, nice but may be expensive afterwards,, not sure on resale value

audi,,mmm good choice,, a3 may be samll depending on your requirements, but as always the VW and Audi will always be a good seller, safe and reliable too,, more pricey though

Over the past eight years I have owned an Audi 2000, Toyota Corolla and currently a Nissam Primera. No doubt the Audi was the best car but expensive to run. Toyota Corolla I found good but too light. Nissan is very good on the open road but sluggish around the city.

Thinking of trading up! I have a Toyota Corrolla (01) and am thinking of purchasing 06 or 07 Primera...
That's called trading down! Personally, given the choice I'd have the Toyota anyday.

Your other choices may force you to dig deep into the piggy-bank, and are worth it IMHO, but cross Nissan off your list. Their last half-decent car was the Japenese-built (Datsun?) early model Bluebird, the joy of taxi-drivers.

Thanks for all your replies. Yea, most of my cars over the past few purchases have by and large been Toyota so maybe the Avensis? would be a good choice.

I am doing more mileage on the road these days and I feel a little more vulnerable in the Yaris. Great around the city and town but need a little more durability on the desperate R routes I have to travel.

Any more recommendations, will be greatly appreciated.

Have a 02 1.6 Avensis and 02 1.6 Primera (99-02 model) in our house. Primera is a far nicer car to drive (stiffer and heavier) and in our experience has been more reliable than the Avensis which was a massive oil burner until it had it's half engine block replaced under warranty due to a well known oil thist problem in early VVTi's. Avensis currently has 75k on clock. Primera has about 115k miles.

Avensis is lighter on juice - maybe 2-3mpg for combined driving. Newer model Avensis would be far superior to newer model Primera.

Back