Second-hand Nissan Micra

philipb

We've done a bit research and decided that a Micra would make a reliable, cheap second car for city driving (budget approx 2500). I note that some garages are selling Japanese imports in this price range (models circa 1996-97-98). Can anyone tell me what the pros and cons of buying one of these might be? Or does anyone have any other ideas for a car which might fit the bill???

How about this

Our eldest daughter has a Ford Ka. The OH said he wouldn't be caught dead driving one until......he started to teach her to drive and had to admit it was a 'nippy' little thing and quite roomy inside. He then started taking it when he was going to town.....easier to park...it was suddenly 'great around corners'. Jeremy Clarkson did a report on the Ka on Top Gear and said he did his best to find fault with it but actually 'loved it'....great around corners, really felt like you were driving, surprisingly spacious inside....The OH felt justified!

She has a boyfriend who wouldn't be caught dead...... Then his car broke down and he was forced into using the Ka for a week. Loved it, great to drive, really feel like you're driving. The OH and himself started jockying for position over who would take it when she wasn't using it!

Now she's selling it....the boyfriend took it away and said he'd do all the advertising etc. to save her the trouble as she's in a new job. Great...except it's outside his door, still not advertised (too busy) and he can be occasionally seen.......

Ms Purple had one and I drove it alot. I agree completely that it is a great drive with loads of room in the front. Not much of a boot though...