Seat Ibiza, Toyota Auris or Peugeot 208?

Mongola

I did have many car troubles in the past with an 05 Freelander that could only be described as a lemon. In the worst deal in history, but to my delight, I traded in the Freelander for a 00 Yaris last summer. This car has been a godsend over the last year as it has been trouble free.

I am now looking at changing my car and would appreciate some input and/or advice. My priority is reliability. My budget is flexible depending on the car. Although I could spend up to 15k, I would prefer to keep it around 12K.

The Yaris has been such a reliable car that I was looking at them. I however think it may be too small so this is out. My favourite at the moment is the Seat Ibiza and for around 12/13k, it seems like I could get a 2012 car. I will, of course, test drive it but would appreciate any reviews.
I also have my eyes on the Peugeot 208 but this may stretch my budget and also I am questioning the reliability of the brand.
The Auris is another one but it would have to be an older car.
Any other suggestion/warning/advice? Thanks. Mongola

My suggestion, unless the size problem is insurmountable, would be to keep the Yaris running. They are great little cars, the best in their class IMHO.

Is there any reason to think the Yaris might break in the near future or fail the NCT?

Thank you Mathepac. It runs great and over the last year,it has not given any problems at all. It is however a 12 year old car and I wanted to keep it for a year: which I did! If anyboday could give me some feedback on the cars listed above, it would be great....!

If anyboday could give me some feedback on the cars listed above, it would be great....!

For reliability and economy, in my opinion you can’t beat Toyota, we have two from new, 02 Corolla with 120K miles and a newer Auris, neither ever give any trouble.

As an update. I have finally decided to buy the new Toyota Yaris as the new one got a complete overhaul and are quite spacious and adequate for my needs. Thank you for the input. Mongola.

Back