Seat Ibiza 2012 Vs Ford Focus 2012

C

cwakim

hey guys im looking to buy my first car and i have a choice between two cars, the ibiza and the focus both 2012. The seat looks much better no doubt, but would its 1.4 engine be powerful enough? i know it is light and what so but the focus has a 2.0 engine and they cost about the same. So any thoughts?

Huge difference between a 1.4 Ibiza and a 2.0 Focus. They are totally different level cars for a start.

On its own, a 1.4 is sufficient for an Ibiza.

What will the car be used for? Are you looking at getting a petrol or diesel? How much mileage will you be doing? Will it be mainly city or motorway driving?

Depending on your age, but as this will be your first car, I assume you do not have much/any NCB, the engine size could make a HUGE difference to your insurance costs.

If money is not an object, Focus. Better car in almost all respects.

well the car is mainly for city and some highway runs on the week ends, as for the engine its a petrol engine. As for two wheels i am 23 but this would be the first car i am getting for my own, not one that i got second hand from my brother, you see i graduated 4 5 months ago and been working since then. I currently drive an Alfa Romeo 156 Selespeed and i LOVE IT but its 11 years old already and falling apart, so I would hate my car to not at least match it in performance. As for the mileage i think i will keep this car for 4 years which is the period of the loan and then upgrade it. Thanks guys for your help rly

surprised a 1.4 Ibiza costs the same as a 2.0 Focus.
Would have thought the Seat Leon is likely to be in the same bracket as the Focus (and the Ibiza with the Fiesta)?

yeah where i live the focus goes for around 25k$ while as the ibiza for 23k$

Ok, you should stop comparing these two cars. They do not compare in anyway other than they both have 4 wheels, some seats, an aluminium skin and some glass windows. They are in two different brackets with very different engines.

If you have 23-25k to spend, and your happy with a 2.0L engine (fuel economy wise), I have no idea how much, or even if you have motor tax over in the Lebanon, but forget the Ibiza (even though it is a perfectly good car) and go for the Focus, if thats what you want.