Sealing small fuel leak

ennisjim

Hi,
I have an indoor (utility room) oil condensing boiler and there is very slight leak where the incoming fuel pipe connects. Even though the leak is very slight the smell is quite bad in that room. I asked my plumber to sort it out and he did reduce the leak but did not sort it completely. It's getting hard to get him back to sort out these little issues so I thought I'd have a go myself. Some questions
  • can I use white plumbers tape to help seal the connection or is it unsuitable for sealing oil pipes, eg. does diesel/kerosene break it down ?
  • is there some kind of sealer/putty/etc I can use if tightening and plumbers tape doesn't quite finish the job ?
  • any other suggestions would be appreciated
Thanks

I would strongly recommend that you get a registered professional to finish this job. Try another plumber or a Bolier Service Engineer in your area.

you can get gas/oil PTFE tap (white tape). firstly, have you id location of leak? is it where the rigid pipe meets the fexible pipe?

Hi Davy, actually its where incoming pipe connects to a tiger loop. I'll see if I can track down the tape which is suitable for oil. Thanks

when you apply tape, be sure and wind it on the same way the male thread screws in, otherwise the tape will unravel. also be mindfull of small cracks on underside of tigerloop. it may crack if fitting screwed in to tight. be sure where your leak is coming from, good luck.