Seal around Windows in new Timberframe build?

apple1

Folks,
Any advice on how best to seal around windows from the inside in a Timberframe build to prevent heat loss/air ingress. The windows "sit" in the cavity but from inside, you can notice a gap between the opening & the window frame. I'm guessing just to use an expanding foam but would appreciate any input. Thanks in advance, apple1

Folks,
Any advice on how best to seal around windows from the inside in a Timberframe build to prevent heat loss/air ingress. The windows "sit" in the cavity but from inside, you can notice a gap between the opening & the window frame. I'm guessing just to use an expanding foam but would appreciate any input. Thanks in advance, apple1

Expanding foam won't be good enough at all.

Talk to www.ecologicalbuildingsystems.com. They'll have a tape specifically for it and will advise you on related stuff too.

Expanding foam won't be good enough at all.

Talk to www.ecologicalbuildingsystems.com. They'll have a tape specifically for it and will advise you on related stuff too.

I have just installed the windows in a timberframe build and the windows came with a timber surround on all the windows (firestops I think they called them). The windows were put in before the blockwork starts. The timber frame company supplied Rockwool strips which I presume are to block the cavity before plastering.

Perhaps someone can verify if this is the correct method for this type of build?

Back