SD Card corrupt

CKT

Hi,

Can anyone help? I have a SD mutli media card for my camera, which has become corrupted. When I am reading it on my laptop I can see the icons and the names of the pictures taken, but it will not allow me to open or copy there files.

I have tried downloading a few programs from the web to repair the card, but so far none have worked.

Do you just want the card working again or do you need to retrieve the pictures?

If you don't mind losing the pictures, you could just put it back in the camera and reformat it, there's usually a option in the settings somewhere.

Otherwise you could try and recover the pictures with some software like PC Inspector Smart Recovery... not guaranteed to work but I've had some good and some not so good experiences recovering files with it.

It's freeware and you can download it at:
[broken link removed]

Hope this helps,
Stef

Thanks stefg,

want to keep the pictures if possible, will try the freeware later on, hopefully it works!

Thanks again

Obviously (or maybe not) don't attempt to write anything further to the card before attempting the recovery process as you may well destroy any recoverable data by doing this.

Obviously (or maybe not) don't attempt to write anything further to the card before attempting the recovery process as you may well destroy any recoverable data by doing this.

Good call ClubMan... forgot to mention that!!

Hi,

Tried the freeware, unfortunately it didnt work. Any other suggestions???

Hi,

Tried the freeware, unfortunately it didnt work. Any other suggestions???

SanDisk cards come with software called RescuePro.

You can buy this or check out the demo [broken link removed].

Review [broken link removed] (which also gives some alternates).

Or try Googling.