Scrappage deal, thoughts?

johnnygman

Hi all

Am looking at scrapping an old car, deal is 13k all in after scrappage on a Seat Ibiza reference model 5 door with metalic, has few extras included on that model.
Basically I think its a Polo in disguise and big difference in price.
Good finance rate of 4.9% avail, think its a good deal myself but just wondering if anyone knows a better deal out there or somthing similiar for cheaper or decent suggestions...

Thanks

You would get a new Polo petrol for 12k with scrappage. 5dr non met. and a diesel for 14k.

When it comes to selling your used car you will find it hard to disguise your seat as a polo. Polo will have far better resale value.

Hi thanks for the reply!
Have looked at that and not worth it in my opinion, they are looking at €14600 upwards for the 1.2tdi with only the paultry trendline spec, would cost another 2k to get the same spec, so that's a huge difference.
Diesel comfortline Polo (equal spec) is roughly 19k before scrappage, I know the depreciation is greater for sure, but I cannot imagine it being that great at this end of the market with a small diesel and the outlook for these...
Am pretty sure this is a good deal, have haggled it down below 13k now so think I will go with it..

Hi,
I am also interested in buying a car under the scrappage scheme (1L or 1.2L engine such as a Yaris, Corsa or Polo). I was wondering if I go for a particular model under the scrappage scheme such as a Corsa, will it be the same price in every Opel garage or can I haggle on the price. Would the Corsa be the best car in this range?
Also, if a person buys a car under the scrappage scheme, how long do they have to hold onto it before the car can be sold again?
Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks

Hi,
Just an up-date - You can haggle about the price. There was a difference of about €600 between the highest and lowest price. As usual, it pays to shop around. Regards.

I bought the Seat Ibiza 1.2tdi reference 4 door and it's a superb car, great to drive and super economical and very well speced. 8k on it so far and perfect motoring, handles excellently and punchy little engine, best value car I have driven at this end of the market and i tried a fair few before deciding on this. Good finance rate avail from Volkswagon bank of 4.9% also. After factoring all that in I thought it was a good deal and have not been dissapointed with my decision, always haggle with them though, amazing the difference from one dealer to the next, you get all the sob stories at the same time about how no money in it for them! :O)

I'm also looking at the seat ibiza reference on scrappage but was quoted 13K for the 1.2 petrol and would look at diesel - quoted extra €1700 for the diesel. Thats nearly 15k for the diesel. I've been quoted roughly 17.5K on a new old model ford focus 1.6 diesel. I dont want to pay 15k for a polo, ibiza or similar when for extra 2k I can getr a mid size car... finance with seat / vw is excellent though, was quoted bout 10% apr with the focus, there's always a catch! any advice? will pm you johnnygman if you dont mind to confirm if you got a diesel for 13k and where...

Been away howlett, sorry about that, I sent you on the details there, get back to me if you need anything else or other info or details, I checked out this very detailed review of the car b4 I bought it, and as I said all very good so far. Forgot to mention Seat throw in 2 years free dealer services at 15,000 km or 1 year whichever is first.. Here is a link to good review, this guy is very straightforward and no Jeremy Clarkson style reviews [broken link removed]