School Milk Scheme 1982

My friend's father used to call any meal that was not meat and two veg "spaghetti bolognese" - it was his generic, catch all term for any "foreign" food.

But to go back to the original post, when were these Milk and Sambo schemes introduced? and Where? and Why? Anyone know?

But to go back to the original post, when were these Milk and Sambo schemes introduced? and Where? and Why? Anyone know?

Well the milk scheme was in 1982, i dunno about the sambos - my other half has often complained long and loud about his mam giving him manky sambos for school, i thought it was strange i remembered the same sambo fillings - til we realised itd been the free sambos he was remembering!!
so it must at least have been around the same time as the milk for sambos - if not before.

I was one of the many kids in our school that took the spare milk home....was in glass 1/3 pint bottles at the time. It was our reward for cleaning up the class rooms. Mother was delighted as there was 8 of us and every penny counted in the 70's.

I remember going to play some ball after school one summers day with about 8 of these 1/3 pint bottles in my schoolbag. Bag was used as a goal post and needless to say the stench out of it when the milk was split all over the place was cruel.