schadenfreude

michaelm

Vexed as I am about the hapless budget I must admit to a certain schadenfreude in relation to the medical card disaster. In fact I have a huge sense of schadenfreude at the tribulations of the two Brians, who, in the six months since taking control of FF, have managed to lose Lisbon I, next years local and European elections, Lisbon II, and the next gernral election. Well done lads .

I remarked to someone on budget day (as I heard the bad news getting worse!) "Wasn't Bertie the cute.... , getting out while the going was good?"

Seemed like a strange idea at the time, but now......!

Bertie was the luckiest politician that this country produced. He talked by consensus, sat on the fence and (apart from the North success) did absolutely sweet FA. The fact that he remained in office for so long was because mostly everyone was happy during the boom years. Regardless of how he was doing his job, why change. Kermit and Ms Piggy would have been equally efficient, but far cheaper.

I confess to being delighted that Zanu FF are in power to wipe up their own mess for once. I'd say FG and Lab are smirking goodo.