Scanners & USB / Parallel Ports

B

Barney

Would I be right in thinking that most/all modern basic scanners are connected to the pc/printer via a USB connector?

So a *printer* would therefore have to have a USB connector on it in order to connect the printer to the scanner?

Am I right in thinking a printer with parallel port only would be no good to connect to new basic scanners?

Thanks!

Thanks for the link Car.

If I place one sheet of text/pictures in the scanner and I want to print a copy of it out, is it possible to have a copy of the page sent to the pc and then onto the printer to be printed out?

If a scanner does not have to connected direct to the printer to make a copy, then I suppose it does not matter if the printer does not have a USB port.

i.e. Scanner USB, to PC USB - then pc Parallel, to Printer Parallel

hi barney,
Yes, all very standard. Open the scanning software on the pc, scan the image and you should be able to see what the scanned image looks like before printing which I would have thought would be more preferable to printing directly from the scanner as you could make adjustments.
There should be a print option in your scanning software on the PC. If not, save the scanned image and open in paintbrush/image editor/word or whatever and print from there.

Thanks again Car for taking the time to explain it