Scanner for photographs

aishling

Could anyone recommend a scanner that would be suitable for creating high quality digital copies of photographs? Have a lot of old photographs that I want to put onto a digital photoframe!

hi there

is there maybe a multifunction copier in your office, we have one and the scanning is free, it's a Xerox, but basically you just put the photo on the platen and scan, you could email them back to yourself and save a few bob

You'd be better copying them to a memory stick than emailing them. Even if your IT dept allows you to send big photos they wouldn't be happy about it.

Scanning loads of photos is quite a pain. Some scanners, the more expensive ones come with a negative holder so you can scan a few of them at a time.

For a lot of photos it might be worth paying somewhere to do it, as they often have a feeder and it doesn't take them much time at all.

For a digital photoframe you don't need high quality scans and it would be a lot quicker and you'll fit more in it, if you scan them at a lower resolution. Try to match the resolution of the photoframe. If you are planning to archive the scans for the future, then you'd be better scanning them in a higher res.

Could anyone recommend a scanner that would be suitable for creating high quality digital copies of photographs? Have a lot of old photographs that I want to put onto a digital photoframe!

The Epson Perfection 4990 Photo scanner is the bee's knees.

Scanning from the office isn't an option, I'm afraid! I know you don't need a high resolution for the photoframe but would like the option if I need to reprint them or anything! The Epson Perfection 4990 Photo scanner looks good alright!