Scammed on Ebay

• Thread starter lollapoluzaa
  • Start date
L

lollapoluzaa

I did a International bank transfer from my ulster bank account. Before this was completed I withdrew all money from my account up to overdraft limit in an effort to prevent bank transfer from being completed. I got a statment of debit from the Ulster bank international banking division this morning.The ammount was approx. E700
Before withdrawing the money from my account I attempted to cancel the bank transfer.

How can I prevent bank from getting the money? Is there any way to cancel the debit at this stage and is the bank likely to take legal proceedings against me if I simply pay the account overdraft but not the bank transfer ammount?

Can you confirm

You paid for something on e-bay. You either didn't receive the goods, or they were faulty?

You attempted to cancel the transfer, but couldn't.

You then withdrew all the money from your account.

But the transfer has gone through and now Ulster Bank are looking for the money.

I bought from a hijacked account, The seller got suspended just before payment went through. The rest is correct

Hi Lolla

I don't understand. What has the bank done wrong in this case?

If I understand it correctly,

You took money out ( by an international transfer).

You took more out directly.

And now you want to claim that you did not take the first bit of money out?

If I have got it right, then you have no case against the bank. Your only case is against the scammer.

Brendan

I always use paypal in fact i won't buy if they don't take paypal. Same thing happened to me - bought from highjacked account but I got all money back.