Scam? Have a self catering cottage enquiry from Malysia paying by bank draft.

Haille

I run a small self catering cottage in the West and I have just had an enquiry from a couple from Malaysia looking to book for week.There are on honeymoon and the man said that the company that his wife works for will be paying all his vacation's expenses. Bank draft from company. I told him in god I trust all others pay cash.Should I contact Joe Duffy immediately. Has anyone come across this scam?

Last edited:
Re: Scam?

Sounds like a scam....avoid.I heard a discussion on the Joe show last week about this.

Re: Scam?

Scam.

Most likely scenario: The draft will be for more than the amount and you will be asked to give a refund.

Joe Duffy has dealt with this scam recently.

The scammers come up with some very plausible stories.

The draft will be for more than the agreed sum and you will be asked to send back the balance by western union. Later the draft is found to be stolen or not valid.

Did you advertise on the internet or on Buy and Sell?

Malaysiain paying by bank draft for holiday letting

I advertised on the internet.When I informed him bank draft was nt acceptable.He told me his wife would contact her company on Monday.So I await his next response.I have nt taken booking yet

Hi Hialle,

If I were you I would not entertain any more discussion with these obvious scammers.

See this interesting link from a UK classified ads company for more about the "Classified Ad, Bank Draft" scam works.

and from the Guards