Scaffolding prices in connaught?

F

frisbie

just begining a self build and intend to purchase scaffolding new or second hand. house is story and half. renting is expensive! any thoughts on best prices?

Hi,

My brother brought the scaffolding for his house and had no problems selling it afterwards. Spent 6K on it from what I can remember.

Connaught Scaffolding, 4.5k for all the scaffolding back about 3 years ago.

Hi Frisbis, brought brand new scaffolding myself for about 6.3k. This roughly did grand for a 3100 sq feet dormer, just finished up with it for now, keeping a small part of it for myself, it always be handy. Intend to sell the rest over the next couple weeks, hoping to get 5k for it. So all in all it is a good saving measure.

Kildarebuild

(Frisbis = Buyer) : (Kildarebuild = Seller) = SALE

Worth your while to buy in Frisbis, I think prices are about 1-1.50 per piece, per week to hire.
Not long clocking up the price.

Did the same thing as Kildarebuild and keep 4 sections for painting & throwing the wife off when she is bold

Buying a set as opposed to renting sounds like a good option. But where do this leave you with regard to installation in terms of health and safety? A few trades I had in for quotes recently seemed concerned about scaffolding and inspectors etc

Mate of mine is a scaffolder so he put it up with myself and 2 others helping him.

We decided against buying scaffold because of the Health and Safety implications if something did go wrong; our insurance policy included health and safety information and advised that a person with a scaffolding ticket had to erect, inspect and dismantle. Even if a scaffolder puts it up as a favour would they have their own indemnity insurance to cover any claims? And who would the Health and Safety guys prosecute if something went wrong? I wasn't prepared to take the risk (especially as its nigh on impossible to get tradesmen to obey the Hard Hat rules) so opted to rent.

We used a company in East Galway and ended up paying 2500 for a set period of time (think 6 weeks ) and 180 a week thereafter. We got the blocklayers finished/plastering/roofing and external painting done and paid 2680 in total for scaffold. About 2 weeks of scaffold being idle due to weather and people not turning up. In a way hiring it gave us a legit reason to hurry tradesmen along!

Last edited: