Satellite Installation

newkid30

Does anyone know of someone that will install a satellite dish for you, that you've already purchased yourself?

I rang satellite.ie but they will onlt install products you pruchase directly from them. I am in Dublin.

Any feedback greatly appreciated

I had a motorised dish installed a few months ago, where I bought the kit myself (mainly for the sport). I'm based in Cork though, your post just brought back memory of the pain in the backside it was to get someone out, the guy that came was very good at what he does, but it took him months because of his backlog of work. It was a nightmare making all the phonecalls, and waiting and the guy not coming. Hopefully your one goes ok, if it's a simple Sky dish job it should be easy enough.

Theres a guy in Bray called Gerry Walsh who will do it but I dont know his number...try yellow pages...

Theres a guy in Bray called Gerry Walsh who will do it but I dont know his number...try yellow pages...
Thanks a million - got his number in golden pages, found a few more there too, I haven't tried already!

Your post just brought back memory of the pain in the backside it was to get someone out, the guy that came was very good at what he does, but it took him months because of his backlog of work. ....

Seems to be the same in Dublin, Not having much joy at all!
Hopfully get sorted soon

Yellow Pages is best source for this service. I needed a satellite installed a couple of years back and found several people who could do it at short notice in my area.

Its easy to do yourself provided you don't need to attach it to a chimney . The trick is to get it working at ground level firstly ( back garden looking in at the tv ) , then put it on the wall at a comfortable hight ( you might have to fix it sometime after a gale! ) , there is no benefit to having it high up . Google "lidl Satellite" and you will find plenty of DIY advice .
pjq