Satellite Broadband and Weather conditions

lastbuilders

Hi,

I am looking into getting satelllite broadband to work from home and my IT department have indicated that adverse weather conditions can affect the signal? Is this true and is there other factors apart from latency that can affect quality of signal?

lastbuilders

Hi, yes the weather does affect the connection, aslo because the satellite is so far away from the earth, software requiring real-time processing can be delayed like online gaming etc. Also i know someone who has Sat-BB and the high-winds we had moved the dish and the connection was lost, this can be annoying if you have a download in progress.

I'm sure there's lots more on google but you get the point:)

I know somebody whose satellite broadband connection failed when his Clematis grew up over the dish and LNB arm. It looked lovely though! :D

I know somebody whose satellite broadband connection failed when his Clematis grew up over the dish and LNB arm. It looked lovely though! :D

I didn't know Clematis grew like a creaper? I thought they were small plants like ones for patios etc.. Anyway there's a price for laziness.:)

Back