sat nav

when you add their £20 shipping charge to Ireland is it still worth it?

I priced a TomTom One Europe here for €299, but from handtec inc. shipping it works out at €315

I got my garmin 250 in Halfords for 299.99 a few months ago. They are now in car phone warehouse for 279. You wont get much better.

Bought it to go on holidays in Italy - but have since loaded it to family + friends. Pretty good maps of Ireland on it.

Only worth it if you are going to knock a bit of use out of it in Ireland.

got the aldi lad in ratmines this morning. now to have a play with it without the boss seeing me.

Lucky you!! I tried to get one of the aldi one's but there was a big queue and not many to go round!!

got the aldi lad in ratmines this morning. now to have a play with it without the boss seeing me.
let us know how you get on with it

can the screen only be navigated using the pen shown on teh site and can you use finger also?

well done on getting the one in Aldi's. I was about 28th on the queue but only 20 in store. what a waste of time queueing. (with two small kids!) so I'm still on the lookout for a reasonably priced satnav with good coverage. Anyone any feedback on the Garmin nuvi 250?

first look and i am rather impressed. it has my steet in my estate which is a faiirly new estate. i will put it in the car today as it said to leaving it charging for 24hrs so the backup batteries are fully jucied up.

you can use your finger to choose items but it is nice to have the stylelus.
more info to follow.