Sash Window Ltd

fkells

Has anyone used Sash Window Ltd? They are based in Greenhills industrial estate in Dublin. If so would you recommend them.

Does anyone have any recommendations for Sash window providers ( wooden or PVC), I want to get sash windows installed into a terrace house in Dublin.

Thanks

Hi fkells,
There is another company called Sash Windows Ireland, which make traditional sash windows. As these are the real macoy, they are very pricey.
Have a look at the other threads on windows for information on various companies.
If you are still at planning stage you should choose your windows and then make the openings fit them rather than the other way around. This is because alot of suppliers have standard sizes, and you could end up paying nearly double for bespoke sizes.

I am currently renovating my house in terenure and got wooden sash windows from a small joinery called Swinford Joinery in Co. Mayo. A friend recommended them to me. There prices were excellent compared to Dublin prices. Patricia is the main contact i dealt with. Could be worth a try. you will find the number if you google them.

Thanks for the recommendation, I got in contact with Swinford Joinery and they were very helpful. Their prices are very competitive.
She mentioned that a guy ( must be yourself) from Terenure ordered windows from them recently ( small world).

She did mention that they dont fit the windows, who did you use to fit them?

My father in law to be is very handy and was able to fit them one weekend in his spare time with my help. So i didnt need to find anyone so sorry i cant help you there.

Hi

Can you give a cost for the windows ?
They sound like what I am looking for as I would fit them myself
Thanks a million

Hi fkells,

Good value can be gained with PVC sash from two companys in Co. Tyrone. They are McMullan O Donnell in Benburb and Dungannon Window Company in Dungannon.
I'm currently undertaking a 3000sq ft self-build with 24 windows and found both companys very helpful. The windows are available in white, cream, black and woodgrain. I hope to order mine this week and will probably be going with the cream type.
No connection with either company but it took me a long time to find the windows I wanted so I hope this helps.

Back