Sardinia Hotels

R

Red76

My wife & I secured reasonable flights with Ryanair to Sardinia for the first week in October. Can anyone recomend a good area/hotel to stay in?

Stayed in Hotel Angedras in Alghero. www.angedras.it It has mixed reviews on on the Alghero forum. We found it o.k. but overall we found Alghero very quiet. I would suggest that you read some of the threads on the forum.

Check out Villagio dei Pini near Alghero on [broken link removed]

My wife and I stayed there last year together with my very hard to please Brother-in-law and he thought it was so good that he wants to come with us on our next trip (to Tuscany) with the same hotel group.

Are you flying to Alghero? If so there is the Soleado Hotel on the seafront - not bad for a 3 STAR. Nice rooms, clean, swimming pool. We were there for a week this month . Alghero is lovely. It is quiet - but busy. Plenty of good restaurants and old buildings to see. No rowdy drunks or anything like that - mostly Italians. October could be quieter - but you might get a table at a restaurant quicker than in August.
You could try "Just Sardinia" - a UK based agency - we booked through them and they have selection of different accommodation and locations.
www. justsardinai.co.uk