Santas warned 'ho ho ho' offensive to women

The "holiday" season will never be the same. (cant say Chtristmas anymore ... might offend non-christians...).

I cant wait until the Islamic extremists get pc, no more beheading the infidel !!

Some people have too much free time to be thinking this stuff up.

<<<<<<awaits the obligatory "in fairness, now...." post>>>>>>>

I further propose that because of the risk of offending Polish people, "poles" (as in ESB poles etc) should be renamed.

I think we should instead refer to them as "erections" - who could possibly be offended by that?

Try walking into Texas Homecare and asking for a garden Hoe

The "holiday" season will never be the same. (cant say Chtristmas anymore ... might offend non-christians...).

I cant wait until the Islamic extremists get pc, no more beheading the infidel !!

Doesn't bother me I normally say Christmas anyway!

Says who... thats just a case of someone not having the balls to say it 'case they might offend..... screw that...

Dublin Public Libraries usually close from 24th Dec - 2nd Jan. A couple of years ago, their notices were re-worded from "Christmas Closure" to "Holiday Closure".......aaaaahhhh!

I further propose that because of the risk of offending Polish people, "poles" (as in ESB poles etc) should be renamed.

I think we should instead refer to them as "erections" - who could possibly be offended by that?

I was actually driving behind an ESB truck last week carrying "wooden" poles which had a warning sign saying "DANGER: POLES IN TRANSIT", made me smile!

I was actually driving behind an ESB truck last week carrying "wooden" poles which had a warning sign saying "DANGER: POLES IN TRANSIT", made me smile!

I actually know a few Polish people who would concur with the warning in this sense

..didn't some English town come up with the bright idea of replacing Christmas with a festival called "Winterval" so as not to offend non-Christian residents of the town? Political correctness gone competely mad...

daithi

..didn't some English town come up with the bright idea of replacing Christmas with a festival called "Winterval" so as not to offend non-Christian residents of the town? Political correctness gone competely mad...

daithi

This is an urban myth. Winterval was coined to describe all events from November to January. Christmas was one of those events. Unfortunately the anti-pc brigade got people whipped up about nothing.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/christmas2006/story/0,,1967367,00.html