Santa wants some PSPs

Marble

HI,

Would anyone out there know where Santa Claus can get his hands on 2 x Sony PSPs to avoid having to sweat it out hoping that some order somes in before Christmas!

thks,

I ended up ordering from amazon although expected delivery is 2nd-20th Dec so I had to tell my boyfriend that he mightn't actually have his present on Christmas day! Not so easy to tell kids that I guess.

All the shops I tried are no longer taking orders. My sister used to work part time in HMV and she told me that when the ps2 came out, a lot of people placed orders in a few different shops. When the consoles arrived, people collected from only one shop and so most shops ended up having a few in stock just before Christmas. This could be quite risky for santy though!

Try ebay.

When the PSPs were launched, I saw some go for approx. €200 (excluding P&P). As we near Christmas, demand is likely to be higher so the bidding may be more competitive.

I was in the Sony store in Ballsbridge yesterday and they appeared to have some on display. There were definitely a couple of boxes in one of the display cases.
I was looking for a TV so I didn't take any real notice.
The sales guy also advised me that they have quite a bit of stock coming in for a 10 day sale starting towards the end of the month

Unfortunately they have the boxes on display in all the shops but don't actually have the consoles!

I didn'y know there was a shortage. In any event, did you try Argos. Try the ring and reserve in a couple of branches. IIRC, they are charging a tenner more for the console though...

Might also be worth checking north of the border, not on price but on availability.

Argos don't have them in any branch and the one in Stephens Green told me nowhere is taking names! I even got my sister to try a load of shops in London.

So far I've tried Argos, Xtravision, HMV, World of Wonder, Smyths and all electrical type shops. Komplett were looking promising at first - PSPs were due on 9th Oct then 24th Oct then 11th Nov and now it just says "Temporarily out of Stock".

I've noticed that play.com seem to have the best selection of psp movies and games.

does anyone know if a PSP purchased in the US would work over here? I know you would need a different charger but would there be anything else. Would the euro games work with a US PSP?

As far as I know the charger is multi voltage, but you may need an adaptor. The games are region free but the movies are region coded. U.S. movies will not play on European PSPs. Japanese region coding is the same as Europe.
I have also tried to locate one in the Dublin region with no success. They don't seem to be available anywhere online in the UK either.
Tesco were advertising them on a flyer in the papers this morning but none of the stores I rang had any and they didn't know when they were getting them.

I have a U.S PSP and can confirm all u need is a US (2pin) Adaptor Plug. They all run @ 3.6v.

Ive got it since March and I have to say to anyone who is "Considering" to Buy...Its Legendary!!

breener said:
I have a U.S PSP and can confirm all u need is a US (2pin) Adaptor Plug. They all run @ 3.6v.

Ive got it since March and I have to say to anyone who is "Considering" to Buy...Its Legendary!!

What about playing region 2 movies on it or do you buy all the movies from the US??

Buying a PSP in the US

If you buy a US PSP will it also play the Games purchased in Dublin / UK ?

An urgent question before Mrs. hansov does something stupid. :p If a PSP is purchased in Europe, will games etc purchased in Ireland/UK work on it? Thanks for a really quick and urgent reply;) as our credit card will probably be used TODAY. :eek:

GAMES: Are universal and Work in All PSP's in All Countries (Region Free!)

Movies: Are the Same principal as Dvds and ARE region Coded. If u buy a European psp u CANNOT play US Umds. If u buy a US psp u CANNOT play European Umds.

Cahir,
I went in to my local Xtravision store this morning and placed a deposit on a Gigapack offer. Its 355 for the PSP + 1GB memory card + 1 game from a list of 8 Sony games. The girl said they had been getting a few of them in at a time, so maybe you should check them out ( maybe I'm living in hope!).

C2H5OH,

Where's your local Xtravision? Mine wouldn't take any more names a couple of weeks ago and told me none of the other shops would either.

Back