Santa Fe Commercial

xxx

Thinking about getting Santa Fe Commercial in January. Cost ex vat €26k approx. Includes metalic, 3 year parts warranty and 3 years AA. Would this be a good buy

Loads don't like them (cheap feel, plasticky, questionable ride quality) but they are reliable and a great price. Won't hold value well though.

Loads do like them as well in fairness .... they are Irelands most popular / best selling suv after all, are they not. They do not lose money as quick as some more expensive brands.

Have one for 3 years and couldn't recommend highly enough. Never needed AA in 3 years and know several others who have nothing but great things to say. Won't disappoint. Great value!

Have you considered the environment issues for a vehicle like this,
not sure if you require it for work or image!

I believe the non commercial model is a favourite of the yummy mummy brigade for school runs!

i have a 03 passenger version and love it. reliable, strong.
and I am not interested in the environmental issues

modern SUV engines are becoming cleaner and cleaner and are equal in emissions to similar engine sized non suv cars

just because they're suv's doesn't mean they're any worse than non suv cars. It's a common mis conception.

I don't own one by the way but think they're neccessary for any family with kids , dogs or people wh are into sports. Trying to cram everything into a car just because the perception is that the car is greener just dosen't make any sense.

I think they're practical.

if it helps you. I have been getting commercial lease quotations for fairly high mileage for Sante Fe and Landcruiser.

Overall, regardless of the vehicle cost, the monthlies taking everything else into account where nearly identical. So it looks like it wouldn't be a good move to choose the commercial vehicle based on cost alone. I would say that resale and depreciation had a lot to say in the calculations

Last edited:
Why do environmental issues have to 'pollute' every conversation about motoring. Anyone who thinks that what we drive is a major factor in the temperature of the planet is plain naive. Come back in a couple of thousand years and the population then will be wondering how to stop the 'global freeze'!

But on point, I think a Sante Fe as a private, non commercial vehicle is a good choice if you want the 4x4 look without the 4x4 price tag, lets be honest. If people who could afford/or wanted to pay for a better 4x4 they would.

If it is a commercial to be used what it was designed for, then there are other options out there better suited to the job

I don't own one by the way but think they're neccessary for any family with kids , dogs or people wh are into sports. Trying to cram everything into a car just because the perception is that the car is greener just dosen't make any sense.

I think they're practical.

Rubbish, a people mover is much more practical. If you want one for the image then knock yourself out but don't pretend it's for anything else.

Back on topic; they are good value for money but they are not a "real" 4X4. They are strong, can carry a load and pull quite well and are fine for driving on mucky ground but they are no Landcruiser.

I would doubt very very much that my driving is contributing in any reconisable way to to the deaths of a large number of people. In fact in my NCT last week the emmissions were exceptionally low, dramatically lower than the rate required for a failed test.
My santa fe is not for image , yes I do like the look of it, (but why would you buy a vehicle you don't like), i do like the height, the leg room, the driving position, the comfort, the large boot which can be extended into the back.
seats and the 4 wheel drive as I use it quite a bit for scouts.
BYTW I dont remember asking for a lecture with regard to my choice of vehicle. I have no interest in the land rover thank you.

Becuse you are contributing to the deaths of a large number of people.

However I think the Santa Fe would not be classed as a heavy polluter. (but your attitude still stinks)

I always though if you needed (as in use not for image) an SUV then the Defender was the one to get. However you will fit as much stuff (and probably more) into most estate cars than your standard Santa Fe

Whats so special about the Defender? Not very pleasing on the eye are they!

Whats so special about the Defender? Not very pleasing on the eye are they!

I have a Defender & I Love it! Its looks relay its ability off road! It great fun to drive and will go anywhere you want it to go pulling any load! It great for modifying as well!

the landrover defender is the greatest car of all time according to top gear. what other car has been around for 60 years with very minimal changes and is still considered the best in its class. its not an "SUV" , its a proper 4X4 and as for the pollution argument , the manufacturing of a car causes a lot more pollution than the car will ever expel in its life. 4x4's in general have far longer useful lives and proper landrovers in particular rarely if ever get scrapped so in reality all the holier than thou tree huggers who buy disposable 07 corollas etc and replace them every few years are causing much more damage to the environment. it suits governments to promote this attitude for economic reasons

I like them but I wouldn't buy one, I hate the cheap quality cabin and the aftermarket looking stereo. The rest of the car is very nice though I admit, especially the exterior styling and the diesel engine ain't that bad either.

Supposedly, in regard to the role of cars and peoples deaths due to pollutants, it has been said by some that certain modern diesel cars in a very polluted city are actually expelling cleaner air than they take in. Kinda like driving a tree around :)

Back