Sanded, stained, varnished...now question

jh72i

Hi,
I have painstakingly sanded down my livingroom floor in the past weeks. I have then given the floors a kind of whitewashed effect and varnished to complete (3 coats). Then, in my wisdom I decided as the skirtings were off i might just do that adding a few new electrical/tv/phone outlets (we had just one double plug and not tv/phone outlets in the room so it was always a mess of wires) job.
Anyway, I was extra, extra careful using the hover constantly and working in my feet (no shoes) while I was angle-grinding and drilling, etc. but, inevitable, some tiny pieces of sand/grit/stone have been pressed into the newly varnished floor. Totally depressing after all the work and because the floor is whitewashed effect its shows up more than normal.

Now my question…………what is best to do to repair this? I was thinking maybe I’d sand again with a very fine paper and apply another coat if varnish but I’m totally not confident this is a solution – might be it just looks even worse.

Any suggestions would be very welcome.

Thank you.

Will it really show once you have moved the furniture back in? I would be inclined to ignore it!

Back