San Francisco

Rose Violet

Hi Am thinking of booking 4 nights in San Francisco in Sept - has anyone been recently and if so did you book flights & hotel separately or use an agent? Any information would be appreciated particularly with regard to accommodation.Thanks a mill

Hi Am thinking of booking 4 nights in San Francisco in Sept - has anyone been recently and if so did you book flights & hotel separately or use an agent? Any information would be appreciated particularly with regard to accommodation.Thanks a mill

Hi Rose Violet,
I was in San Fran last summer, great place. We did the west coast of the states so we booked our tour with Trailfinders. So not sure about booking seperately. The hotel we stayed in was right on Union Square (Chancellor Hotel) , this is prob the best are to stay with close proximity to trams, shopping etc. Make sure to book your Alcatraz trip before ye go, it can get busy, although we were there in August so prob won't be as busy in Seaptember. Enjoy

Hi,
Just back from san fran this week checked all the sites but ended up booking with Canamerica with the Boss frank himself -had issues but they were resolved immediately - couldnt recommend them enough -they will also tailor any package you want

I think that 4 nights is too short. I would go for at least 5 nights.

There is so much to do and see in San Francisco that you might regret such a short stay. Also the direct flight is 11hrs which does take a lot out of you.

I was there a few times over the last year. I booked my flight directly with Aer Lingus, which also has the bonus of flying direct. Rather than BA or Virgin which you need to fly through London adding about 5 hrs to the journey time.

I booked the hotels through www.hotwire.com which offers cheap 'named brand' hotels. You choose the area and star. Once booked you then receive the hotel name. Basically hotels do not want to be seen to offer their rooms cheaply so advertise through this site to have as much capacity for an given night.

I have never been let down by using this site and have got the Hilton and Hyatt. You should try stay around union sq if possible.

Thanks a mill to everyone who replied - I will take your advise & book for 5 nights.

Rose Violet

If you're booking hotels separately, I always check them out on

Even if you're booking the whole trip through someone - worth looking up the hotel in advance.

Enjoy the trip - it's a great city.
Dem

we stayed in the Argonaut Hotel down by the pier - lovely spot walking distance to the pier to get the boat out to alcatraz. we booked flight and hotel seperate. sometimes you may get specials on the hotel's own website if they are looking to sell off rooms. Its a fun city. Enjoy.
Tracy
www.shopusa.ie

We stayed at the Maxwell, just off Union Sq. Would definitely recommend it.