San Antonia Hotel Lanzorate

dewdrop

After many enjoyable years of staying in apartments self catering we have decided to consider booking above hotel in November for 14 days..we know the location well. I notice half board is 1594 and bed and breakfast is 1453 for the 14 days. Why is there such a small difference in these prices and is half board breakfast and an evening meal. Any other general comments would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

If it's this hotel... then it is very good. It's in a lovely position on the frontline to sea. Halfboard would be breakfast and dinner. There is often very little difference in the B&B and HB and sometimes Full Board. My sister has stayed here more than once and really rates it. Good evening entertainment as well.

Hi Dewdrop,
my wife and I stayed here 2 years ago, in the month of June for 7 days, on the same basis as you're considering. Breakfast and evening meal were what was given. The breakfast for me was the meal of the day, but nothing wrong with the evening meal either. My advice to you is to get into both sittings as early as allowed, that way you'll have the best choice and be able to sit back and admire the wonderful way they present the food. A small bit of advice for you, they don't serve any tea or coffee after your evening meal, (not while we were there) you have to pay for anything you drink. You also have to pay for the fridge in your room + the kettle, a bit silly really. Overall, we had a lovely stay, in a lovely sea view room, without requesting it, lovely pools at the hotel (3) I didn't like sitting round the pools, the beach is just fronting the rear of the hotel and renting a sunbed and parasol is the way to go, spoil yourself. I do intend to go back again, really enjoyed our short stay. I have no idea why they price things as they do, don't let it worry you. Hope this helps you.

Many thanks for all the advice. Just one final query! price on hotel website for 14days h/b is 1594 euro. Prices in tour operator brochures range around 1300 which would include air travel. Is it better to arrange through tour operators? Our experience in the past in booking direct and arranging air travel direct a saving of nearly 40% was possible so i must be overlooking some aspect.

It's not unusual that travel operators offer better prices at certain times. Book with a reputable company and save the difference for the coffee and drinks!

Just to correct my previous post. The tour operator price of around 1300 was per person. I had assumed it was for 2 adults as the price section in the brochure had reference to 2 adults but when booking section was completed it stated it was per person. Lesson learned!