Samsung Toco lite problem

genevievexx

My Samsung Toco lite (which I got as a gift for christmas) keeps shutting itself off, then back on - mid conversation! At least once a day.Vodafone shop says its only guaranteed for 30 days so nothing they can do. Anyone any ideas what to do??

Hi, I'm having the exact same problem. I do be talking away for a couple of minutes before I realise it's gone. My contract is up soon, so I am going to switch or upgrade. I would assume this would fall under the sales & goods act? I've had the phone 8 months so it shouldn't be doing this.

genevievexx, I think it is a general prblem with the phone. In fact judging by google, it may be a problem with Samsung phones in general.

=

Vodafone shop says its only guaranteed for 30 days so nothing they can do. Anyone any ideas what to do??

No electronic product can be guaranteed for only 30 days. Bring it back to the shop and tell them you want it repaired under warranty. Most mobile phones now carry a 24 month warranty but a very minimum it will be covered for 12 months.

Thanks guys for the replies. Am going to insist vodafone repair / replace under warranty. I should have known that. Not too hopeful of a faultless phone though, given the info posted on that link by Locke... Pity, since I really liked the phone!

they cannot replace it on the spot unless it is within the 28 days (I had that problem twice a couple of years ago) but if it is sent away it can be repaired.

However I would advise to look up if you can find anything official from samsung about the problem it might be worth printing off.

I had issues with a Sony E phone the one with the cracking buttons 580 I think. Meteor wouldn't budge despite the fact this happened twice once with a new model and once with a replacement model that came out after the problem was supposedly resolved.
I found a press release from SE stating the problem and when they saw it they replaced it with a different phone instead.