Samsung Series 6 46 inch LCD TV

chippy

Hi everyone i am looking for some advice please!Thinking of purchasing a Samsung Series 6 TV as they look the buisness,only now i have come across the Philips Ambi light telly which is in the same price bracket but with a five year warrenty and the picture if i am not mistaken is crystal clear.Would anyone have any advice on such tele's. Cheers Chippy

The Samsung LN46A650 is a highly rated LCD but it's shiny screen reflects ambient room lighting which is considered annoying by most users. Otherwise the picture quality is considered very good.
Philips Ambilight LCDs are also well rated in independent tests.
You may also want to consider the Sony W4500 series.

Check out Panasonic as well. Five year guarantee may still be available on their TVs.

I reckon they are much better quality than Samsung or Philips.

Try the Alliance Electric website to see available models.

Cheers.

Try the Alliance Electric website to see available models.

They are seriously expensive. I would never buy from them. There are many cheaper retailers, especially online but also bricks & mortar.

I found their prices ok for the models they stock, but it may be true that others are cheaper. Since business is slow for people these days it is definitely worth talking to any retailer, including Alliance, about price-matching as they will probably be interested.

I'd still recommend Panasonic though - wherever bought.

this is £850 sterling or 900 Euros on this site plus delivery. less than £750 in Dixons.

They are seriously expensive. I would never buy from them. There are many cheaper retailers, especially online but also bricks & mortar.

Have to disagree with you there Gebbel.

I (foolishly) bought my Panasonic TV in Harvey Norman and I did not get the 5 yr extended warranty and it was dearer than Alliance Electric.

Wanted a 26" lcd for the kitchen and A E matched the cheapest price quoted and same for DVD Recorder. They also threw in a pack of dvd's :D

Very nice people and a pleasure to deal with.

Back