Samsung S401i question

phester

Can anyone tell me if the lights on this phone stay on all the time while charging. It is annoying me when I am trying to sleep.

Can anyone tell me if the lights on this phone stay on all the time while charging. It is annoying me when I am trying to sleep.

Not sure but on another relevant point, I'm not sure it's a good idea to leave your phone charging near you when you are sleeping......The chargers generate quite a lot of heat and someone told me recently (although I'm not sure if it's true) that the Fire Brigade have seen a lot of house fires caused by chargers left plugged in !!??

Not sure but on another relevant point, I'm not sure it's a good idea to leave your phone charging near you when you are sleeping......The chargers generate quite a lot of heat and someone told me recently (although I'm not sure if it's true) that the Fire Brigade have seen a lot of house fires caused by chargers left plugged in !!??

I do turn the phone over but surely this will lessen the MTBF of the screen.

On the charger if they are to over heat and burn out they smoke for some time before catching fire. This should not be a problem during the normal charge cycle of a phone. I would assume that this becomes a problem when people leave their chargers plugged in all the time. They are then warm when you go to charge the phone and the excess draw from the phone pushes the regulator over the top and it pops. I would assume that any house with an MCB / RCD should trip before ignition occurs as the transformer inside would be delaminating as it glows red and hence become a short across the socket. older fuses would have taken some time to blow but MCBs should trip very quickly.

Back