Samsung Plasma 42"

AleoN

Samsung PS42D5SD

For the last couple of days the tv has taken on a life of its own.
It keeps rapidly changing channels and volume up and down on its own. Thought it was the remote so disabled that – no change. Took the back off and disconnected the hard buttons on the side. Still the same. Remote is interacting with tv but does not change channel or any other function.
Anyone any ideas? If all else fails where can I go to have it fixed? It’s about 5 Yrs. old.

Thanks In Advance
AleoN

Where are you located? There are still a number of TV repair places around, most will charge something like €50 to assess, but this will often be discounted from the repair price if a repair is possible.
Leo

Where are you located? There are still a number of TV repair places around, most will charge something like €50 to assess, but this will often be discounted from the repair price if a repair is possible.
Leo

Leo
I am located in the Swords area. Tried to contact Samsung but no joy. I think their service dept. is located near Rathcoole, so really no use to me. Does anyone know anywhere near Swords who could look at this TV for me?
Thanks
AleoN

Murphy's TV repair shop on Crosslanes in Drogheda (not far from the Hospital).

They fixed a TV for me a few years ago, charged 40 euro to investigate, but as Leo said, it was deducted from the repair cost.

Back