Samsung Mobile Phones

Ned_ie

Hi

Just wondering if anyone has either the Samsung ZV10 or the Z500v and if so what they think of them. Are they a good phone etc?

Thanks

Ned_ie

Have samsung d600 after having d500 and as with all samsungs have an excellent battery and user interface. Camera excellent too. Looked up phones you were talking about and are quite 'underpowered' towards d500, d600. I dont know how much they cost in ireland but you will get a d500 for 85 - 100 sterling on ebay unlocked.

I have the zv10 and it's good. Battery life is excellent. Camera is nifty and produces good quality pics.

Some quibbles with text messaging - they are short some features (such as automatic draft saving), but I guess nothing quite comes up trumps like Nokia here.

Also, make sure the phone has been flashed with the latest software. Mine can't handle streaming vids from Live! (Vodafone) and needs new software to do so, but this can't be added without losing everything (music, games, etc.) from the phone. GRRR.

Just had a call from a friend of mine and was asking him as well. He works for Vodafone. Said not to touch the Samsung with a bargepole! He mentioned the nokia 6131. Anyone have this?

Think about this Ned_ie :If people in Vodaphone knew what they were talking about would they have lost £15 bn recently.:)

might i add that my fiancee got a samsung at chrimbo ( dont know what model but its 3G ) and she hates it, as a phone its ok. But the battery life is awful compared to other phones she has had, she changed it after only 5 months and has a moto 3v now.

She is much happier and doesn't have to charge it over night every night as she did with the samsung.

True HappyBudda - although I think I'll refrain from saying that to him!!!!

Also just found out that the nokia 6131 is not on sale yet here! Typical!

i have been told its for pre order and vodafone will release it in 3 weeks, it will then be available on meteor and O2 after that.

hmm - very interesting - vodafone (or rather their sales guys) know nothing about it!

Ned_ie said:
hmm - very interesting - vodafone (or rather their sales guys) know nothing about it!

a lot of the guys in these store care more about the state of their hair and the colour their tie than the service they provide.

Ned_ie said:
O so true! while I was there yest he went off for a chat with his friends!

only right, they can't expect the lad to deal with customers. but seriously the staff know nothing because they want to know nothing, if you are interested you'll find out for a customer.

Just rang the carphone warehouse "hotline" and they said that they're not sure of release date for the phone. Loooks like I'll have to change to speakeasy for a month or so until it comes out!

I have a ZV10 and originally hated it - took a lot of getting used to after being a Nokia girl! Some of the features are good, camera, ringtones, games etc. it depends whether yr buying it for occasional use or intend to use it instead of having a land-line. As per previous posts the battery life IS woeful, would have prefered a dinky motorola or a girlie pink fone!! but it was a crimbo pressie, so can't really complain!! :)

Back