Samsung Ecobubble Washing Machine pauses mid-cycle.

EasilyAmused

I have a six year old Samsung Ecobubble Washing Machine that has started pausing mid-cycle. It’s as though someone has nipped into the utility room and hit the pause button behind my back. If I un-pause it, sometimes it’ll re-pause immediately or else it may continue on the wash cycle, either to completion or to another pause.

I’ve done a fair bit of Googling. Fixes range from recalibrating it (easily done) to replacing the motherboard (due to cracked solder points).

I’d be interested to know if other members have had similar issues?

First point to check with washing machines stopping mid-cycle is the filter. There's usually a little access point low down on the front of the machine. Debris caught in this can slow a machine draining triggering the cycle to pause.

Yeah, that was the first thing I tried. It was pretty clean but washed it in hot waiter anyway. Recalibrated the machine, no good. On/off. Plug out/plug in.

I put it into diagnostic mode and ran the “tSt” and “SPn” modes. Went through the latter fine but the former gave a 3E error.

The error code itself indicates a motor problem, unlikely given the SPn test. Some Googling suggests it’s more of a catch-all error code, pointing to the motherboard.

It has give no trouble whatsoever and it looks like new so I’m disinclined to open it up and try to fix it myself. Just yet anyway.

It was a Which Magazine “Best Buy”. It ticks all the boxes but as can happen with best buys or any appliance give five star reviews (or any appliance), longevity can never be tested and assured.

It has give no trouble whatsoever and it looks like new so I’m disinclined to open it up and try to fix it myself. Just yet anyway.

The manufacturer or supplier may be able to recommend a repair service who might assess for a call-out charge? But that and the replacement PCB are likely to run north of €200. Do you know the exact model number?

It was a Which Magazine “Best Buy”. It ticks all the boxes but as can happen with best buys or any appliance give five star reviews (or any appliance), longevity can never be tested and assured.

Longevity is usually measured in terms of Mean Time Between Failure, each component of a system is usually tested independently to assess this and then the data brought together to determine the likelihood of the product outlasting warranty or expected lifespan. You may be one of the unlucky ones on the short side of that mean.

Were you able to figure that out yourself or did an engineer tell you? I wouldn't even know what a carbon brush looks like!
Glad it got sorted.

Great to hear in EasilyAmused. I love when there is a cheap fix to what initially appears to be an insurmountable and costly problem.

the PCB when in our last machine, 10 years old. I had already replaced heating elements etc. during it's lifetime.
Repair cost was €200, so a new machine it had to be.

If a secondhand PCB was available for €50 I would have put it in and carried on.

Were you able to figure that out yourself or did an engineer tell you? I wouldn't even know what a carbon brush looks like!
Glad it got sorted.
There's a very good YouTube vid about it. Straight forward. My only concern was that I wouldn't get the correct sized brush.

Yes, my 7 year old Samsung washing machine stopped mid cycle at various times.
I checked there were no blockages at the water in flow pipe nor the filter nor the water outflow.
I followed all the recommended checks, made no difference.
Eventually I got the printed circuit board changed.
Hey presto! That fixed the problem. Now the machine works well.

Back