Salzburg

Perplexed

I'm going to Salzburg for the June BHoliday w/end.

Anyone any advice on airport transfers ? There will be 6 in my group so wondering if it's a good idea to book ahead.

Planning to visit the Eagles Nest & one other trip. Any suggestions, bearing in mind we're all adults ?

The boat trip on Koenigsee, near the Eagle's Nest.
Mozart Concert in Hohensalzburg Fortress.
Use the funicular to come down, if not up! And sit in the front seat.

I guess a Mozart concert is mandatory in Salzburg ....& here was I forgetting !

I was hoping to see some of the lakes. Thanks for your suggestions pansyflower.

Is it an expensive city ? I've never been to Austria so not sure what dining out etc should cost.

Did you have any problems getting a taxi from the airport ? If it was just me I'd hop on the bus but I'm going with family members who are fond of their comforts & like to do things the easy way......including letting me organise most of the trip !

The same or cheaper. Watch the waiters, if you pay cash and are due change, they often don't come back with it. When it's my money, I want to be able to choose when to tip.

Expensive ? I would agree, the same or slightly cheaper.

How did Salzbug go? Going in August and am wondering what I should see, where to stay etc.

J

Jupiter, sorry didn't notice your post till now.
We all had a great time. It's a beautiful city & the apple strudel is just divine !
We went on a tour to mountains & lakes & went out on a boat on lake Wolfgang. It was lovely. Scenery is breathtaking ...lakes crystal clear etc.
Also did the Sound of Music tour.....a bit corny but again the scenery is good.
The Eagles Nest trip is brilliant. Views are incredible from on top of the mountain.
We got a good deal in the Sheraton hotel. Couldn't recommend it too highly. The Mirabell gardens & palace are it's back garden & such a lovely place to stroll. It's very easy to find your way around as the river is a great landmark.
The fortress on the hill is good for a visit too. Again great views & like previous poster said do take the funicular at least one way. It is a steep walk & seeing as you do a lot of walking on top it's good to conserve some energy.
Hope you have or had a great trip.

Back